Who we are
Our website address is: https://4gaitsridingschool.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Code of Conduct
The Horse Rider’s Code of Conduct
- I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
- I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors at the riding school.
- I reserve the right not to ride a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
- I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whist riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector.
- I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
- my abilities and riding experience
- any previous riding accidents
- any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep any children that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
- I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety and operational reasons.
- I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I chose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgement and experience and not enter